This year’s research investigates how consumer behaviors and opinions have been shaped by the unusual circumstances facing organizations globally.
PHOENIX, ARIZONA, US, October 15, 2020 /EINPresswire.com/ — Global customer experience industry leaders Execs In The Know and customer experience consulting firm COPC Inc. have announced the release of the Customer Experience Management Benchmark (CXMB) Series 2020 Consumer Edition report.
In compiling this year’s report, the research team surveyed more than 5,000 consumers in the United States to ask them about their experiences and perceptions of dealing with brands’ customer care departments or self-service options. As in previous years, the team examined the data to spot any emerging trends, and this year uncovered four key themes:
• COVID-19’s effect on consumers’ interactions with brands
• Chat’s emergence as a widely used, mainstream channel
• Improvements in self-service technology
• The service journey’s impact on CX metrics
Key insights from the 2020 Consumer Edition report include:
• While just more than half of the respondents reported they changed how they interact with brands due to COVID-19, only a quarter of them thought the changes were negative and 16% actually perceived these changes as positive.
• Self-Service Technology (SST) is used as a starting point for one in five multichannel service journeys, but it is only the resolution point in one in ten service journeys.
• The reported use of SST has increased year-over-year, with almost twice as many consumers stating they tried to use SST to resolve their issues in 2020 compared to previous years.
• Customers who reported having their issue resolved were seven and a half times more satisfied with the SST than customers who did not have their issue resolved.
“The CXMB Series 2020 Consumer Edition report provides a powerful lens into the experiences and opinions of consumers, especially as it applies to the events of 2020,” said Chad McDaniel, President of Execs In The Know. “Now more than ever, this type of research is critical to helping CX leaders understand how the industry performed during unprecedented challenge, while also informing the development and refinement of future priorities.”
The 2020 Consumer Edition report is one half of the CXMB Series, a bi-annual research project that includes both consumer and corporate perspectives. The CXMB Series is produced as a result of a partnership between Execs In The Know and COPC Inc., and has been published on an ongoing basis since 2012. You can learn more about the CXMB Series and download previous volumes by visiting the Execs In The Know CXMB Series page.
Are you a CX executive at a consumer brand? Consider becoming a part of Execs In The Know’s prestigious community of customer experience leaders where you can discuss insights such as those found in the CXMB Series, and networking with fellow CX leaders. To learn more about Execs In the Know’s “Know It All” (KIA) Online Community, visit the community site.
About Execs In The Know
Execs In The Know is a global community of customer experience (CX) professionals focused on excellence in customer experience. Execs In The Know gives brands a platform to share and gain insights, benchmark their brand, stay on top of the latest trends in CX, and create lasting relationships with their peers – “Leaders Learning From Leaders.” Execs In The Know holds numerous live events each year including Customer Response Summit, Subject Matter Briefings, Lunch & Learns, and Leadership Dinners. They also offer industry content and thought leadership through their webinars, reports, Know It All online community, and various other social media groups.
To learn more about Execs In The Know, visit www.ExecsInTheKnow.com.
About COPC Inc.
COPC Inc. provides consulting, training, certification, and research for operations that support the customer experience. The company created the COPC Standards, a collection of performance management systems for call center operations, customer experience management, vendor management, and procurement. Founded in 1996, COPC Inc. began by helping call centers improve their performance. Today, the company is an innovative global leader that empowers organizations to optimize operations for the delivery of a superior service journey. COPC Inc. is headquartered in Winter Park, FL, U.S. and with operations in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin America, India, and Japan.
To learn more about COPC Inc., visit www.copc.com.
Source: EIN Presswire