LONDON, GREATER LONDON, UK, October 17, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ — Asia Pacific's large population living in subtropical regions and its growing GDP per capita explain why its market for dermatology drugs was only slightly smaller than that of North America in 2016 and was growing faster. By 2020 the two regions' markets will be of similar size. They will be worth $23 billion a year between them, so accounting for 60% of the global total. The Middle Eastern and South American markets are also growing rapidly, though their smaller populations limit their attractiveness to pharma manufacturers by comparison with Asia Pacific.
The global market for dermatology drugs is a comparatively small one, representing 3.5% of the global market for pharma as a whole.
Dermatology drugs are used for the treatment of skin conditions such as dermatitis (including eczema), rosacea, hyperhidrosis, androgenic alopecia, onychomycosis, hair loss, acne, immune disorders (including psoriasis), microbial infections (bacterial, fungal, and viral), vascular and pigmented lesion removal, common warts, seborrheic keratosis, and other skin diseases.
Dermatological disease incidence is high in tropical and subtropical regions with large populations; this partly explains the size and growth of the Asia Pacfic dermatological drugs market. Another factor is the sale of many of these drugs without prescription so that limited access to medical services does not hold back the market, especially as the populations urbanise.
The leading competitor in the global market for dermatology drugs is the USA's Johnson & Johnson, closely followed by Allergan, which is headquarted in Dublin, Eire, and Galderma, with its headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland. These three companies share about a third of the market between them. Nearly 50% is split among a large number of small pharma businesses.
One of the trends in the dermatology drugs market shaping the market is a continuous investment into new drug types to treat skin diseases. One of the examples is immune modulators. Pharmaceutical companies are offering new drugs referred to as immune modulators for the treatment of skin diseases such as eczema. Eczema is a chronic skin condition caused by the lack of skin proteins, that results in inflammation and irritation in the skin. These drugs are used to externally treat the skin without changing the immune system of the body. In addition, unlike topical steroids, these new medications do not cause thinning of the skin and breaking of superficial blood vessels. Tacrolimus (Protopic) and Pimecrolimus (Elidel) are major drugs available for the treatment of eczema.
Where to Learn More
Read Dermatology Drugs Market Global Report 2017 from The Business Research Company for information on the following:
Markets Covered: Antibacterial, Anti-Fungal, Anti-Viral
Companies Mentioned: Galderma (Nestle Skin Health), Johnson & Johnson, AbbVie, GlaxosmithKline, and Pfizer
Countries: Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Spain, Russia, UK, USA and Australia.
Regions: Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East And Africa
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, GDP, Expenditure Per Capita, The Musculoskeletal Disorders Drugs Indicators Comparison.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Interested to know more? Here is a full scope of Biologics and Pharmaceutical Drugs Market reports to explore:
1. Biologics Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/biologics-market-global-report-2017/)
2. Anti-infective Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/anti-infective-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
3. Cardiovascular Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/cardiovascular-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
4. Central Nervous System Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/central-nervous-system-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
5. Pharmaceutical Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/pharmaceutical-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
6. Genito-Urinary Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/genito-urinary-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
7. Hematology Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/hematology-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
8. Metabolic Disorder Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/metabolic-disorders-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
9. Musculoskeletal Disorders Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/musculoskeletal-disorders-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
10. Ophthalmology Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/ophthalmology-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
11. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/gastrointestinal-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
12. Respiratory Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/respiratory-diseases-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
13. Oncology Drugs Market Global Report 2017 (https://www.thebusinessresearchcompany.com/our-research/healthcare/pharmaceuticals/oncology-drugs-market-global-report-2017/)
About The Business Research Company
Visit TheBusinesResearchCompany.com. The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has research professionals at its office in the UK, India, and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology. The Business Research Company’s management have more than 20 years of varied business research experience. They have delivered hundreds of research projects to the senior management of some of the world’s largest organizations. The Business Research Company’s Consultant have master’s qualifications from top institutes and include MBAs, MSCs, CFAs and CAs. The Business Research Company’s Consultants gain training and qualifications from the market Research Society and are trained in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics.
The Business Research Company
+44 744 3439350
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire